Staging Your Home For Sale
This Caledon house was on the market for 2 years. When I listed the property, the owners agreed to de-clutter and do a little re-fresh. We added professionally taken photographs and put it back on the market for the same price it had been listed at previously. Voila! It sold in 22 days!
Can You See the Difference?
- Coffee table & carpet were removed to show off the lovely maple flooring and open up the space.
- Picture above fireplace & ornaments of floating hearth were removed to eliminate distractions & better showcase the gorgeous stone fireplace.
- A chair near the window was removed to open up the space.
- Ornamentation on the wood box was removed - again to better display the beauty of the stonework.
- Drapes were removed to freshen up the room and bring in more light.
- Knick knacks on post and generally around the room were all removed.
The overall effect is a much more spacious and bright feeling space. The fireplace became a focal point and the beauty of the wood beams became much more prevelant.
The owners had an appreciation for art and had collected beautiful pieces from around the world. It wasn't that there "stuff" wasn't appealing, but there was so much of it and it was so interesting that it actually distracted people away from the intrinsic beauty or "bones" of the house.
Once we were able to clear away 30+ years of collectables and furniture, this Caledon home sold in only 22 days!